Yesterday I decided to experiment and see if my Co-Wash Cleansing Conditioner could tackle a hot oil treatment. First I put together a new batch of oil as I used up my previous mixture. I recently re-upped on Vitamin E Oil, so I mixed 2 oz Avocado Oil, 2 oz. Olive Oil, and 2 oz. Rice Bran Oil with 1 oz. Vitamin E Oil for my current batch.
Avocado and Oil oil are moisturizing for natural hair because the nutrients actually penetrate the hair shaft. Rice Bran Oil is rich in Ceramides, which help maintain the elasticity in the hair shaft. Vitamin E Oil is great not only for nails, but also natural hair.
Wash Day – Hot Oil Treatment Experiment
- Dampen hair in sections with a spray bottle and apply oil treatment
- Put on plastic cap and Hot Head Heat Cap for 30 minutes
- Cleanse with Curl Junkie Daily Fix
- Condition and detangle with Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Mask
- Apply leave-in’s and style in a twist-out
How did the Curl Junkie do? It worked pretty well, there was a little left over oil post cleanse, but it disappeared post condition. I will probably leave the Hot Oil Treatment to shampoo days, but it was an interesting experiment none the less.
How did you wash and style your hair on wash day?