This wash day was focused on moisture and setting my hair up for a great braid out. The steps went a little like this:
- I began by pre-treating my hair with conditioner and oil with the Coco Curls Revitalizing Conditioner and avocado oil.
- After slathering my hair in both, I put a warm wet washcloth over my hair under a plastic shower cap, and covered both with a microfiber towel for about an hour.
- Then I detangled with a wide tooth comb, and separated my hair into two section to prepare for rinsing.
- Once my hair was completely saturated with water, I shampooed twice with the Coco Curls Hydrating Shampoo one section at a time.
- Then I gave my hair a quick deep condition with the Shea Moisture Mafura Oil & Manuka Honey deep conditioner under my hair therapy wrap for 15 minutes.
Post rinsing, my hair was soft and in optimal condition for styling. Once my hair dried for about 30 minutes, I separated my hair into two front sections and two back sections. I used Oyin Hair Dew as a leave-in conditioner, followed up with Qhemet Biologics Amla & Olive Heavy Cream and Aethiopeika Hydrate and Twist Butter. Then I set my hair in braids for a bomb ass braid out (video to come later this week).
During this wash day, I discovered a new love for the Coco Curls conditioner, but I’ll talk more about that in next week’s Empties video.